Casting Oculus Go or Quest to a PC (Windows)
Sometimes, you want to showcase what is being watched inside the Ocuclus Go or Quest, on an external screen. This could be to guide the user through the video, attract attention or simply know how far they are in the video. By casting your Oculus Go or Quest to a PC, you can achieve this. Follow the step by step guide below to start casting. You can watch the video and follow the steps written down below the video on this page.
Note: Make sure to follow the steps exactly as described, it will not work if you forget a step or make a small mistake!
Connect your computer
- Connect your computer to a Wifi network
Start Oculus Go/Quest
- Turn on your Oculus Go/Quest headset (make sure it is in Developer mode, see this article on how to achieve this: Oculus Go/Quest in developer mode.)
2. Check if the headset is connected to the same wifi as the computer
3. Check the local IP in the browser of the VR headset.
– Go to ‘browser’ in the VR headset, via the library. Type ‘local Ip’ and search.
– Open one of the first links and check the local IP of your device, write it down as you will need it later.
4. Connect the VR headset to your pc with a micro usb cable. (If this is the first time connecting your VR headset to that computer, accept permissions inside the VR headset). VR headset still not recognized by the computer? Check this article on how to get the PC to recognize the VR headset.
Connect Oculus Go/Quest
- Download a folder called adb (download here).
- Unzip the content of the the folder in your C drive main folder. Name the folder “adb”.
- Open command prompt by pressing windows key, then type “cmd” to open the command prompt.
- Type: cd C:\adb\adb and press enter (to access the adb folder, location should be exact)
- Now type adb devices and press enter
Start wireless casting
- Right click on “Connect wireless adb” within the adb folder and click edit
- Check if the local ip address of the VR headset is the same as in the file
- (a) if they are not the same, edit the ‘Connect wireless adb’ and put in the local IP of the VR headset. After this save and close the file.
3. (b) if the same, close the file.
- Double click the “Connect wireless adb” file within the adb folder (make sure that the VR headset is awake by covering the sensor).
- Wait till you see the message “You can now disconnect your VR headset from your computer…”
- Disconnect the Oculus Go/Quest from the computer and close the command prompt.
- Wait 5 seconds
- Double click “Cast to your PC”
- You now get a prompt that shows what is seen from inside the VR headset!
If you still have questions about casting to a PC or want to know more about EZ360, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Thank you for reading this article. If you’re new to us, definitely make sure to checkout EZ360, our software has helped out many organizations with their VR content.