How to enable developer mode on Oculus Go and Quest
This article will provide some information on the use of Developer mode for Oculus Go and Oculus Quest. We will add a step by step guide on how to enable Developer mode and give you some pros and cons for the developer mode compared to the regular mode.
How to enable developer mode on Oculus Go and Oculus Quest
- Make sure your phone has bluetooth enabled.
- Open the Oculus app on your mobile device.
- In the Settings menu, select your Oculus Go/Quest headset that you want to use
- Select More Settings.
- Toggle Developer Mode on.
- Follow the instructions from Oculus.
Pros and Cons of Developer mode
Pro – You can unlock the device with the volume buttons instead of the controller
Pro – You can sideload apps that are not in the Oculus Store
Con – Connecting the device to a computer takes some extra steps (view this article)